Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm Not Gonna Spend The Night Trying To Name This Dam Post

So, I had a realization tonight. When I first started this blog, back in my first trimester with my now 5 month old, I was so eager to be heard, and to be perfect. I worked hard on each post, trying to convey some giant point, and stand apart from the gazillion other mommy bloggers. I was not writing freely, for fear of being too simple, not grammatically correct, or just plain boring. I was so worried about what my readers thought of me, and more so, my writing. There is so much competition out there, and so many styles of blogging, that I didn't want to be labeled. I wanted to be sophisticated, politically correct, and most of all, I wanted to be gratified with each post. It was SO fucking draining. That is what I realized tonight. That is the reason I gave up my blog. I am witness to a number of bloggers, who are religious about posting every other day, and I simply can not imagine doing that, if I were to expend the kind of energy I did back then. So forgive me if the posts to come are short or boring, or piss you off. I am on a mission to let go of your expectations and just be me. I'm really not even sure why I am back here, attempting this post, after so many months. All things in my life happen that way, so I'm gonna just go with it. And, I'm not even gonna re-read this. Fuck, yeah, I guess, just one time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! For years I posted almost every other day, but this year I'm homeschooling my oldest daughter (only temporarily), so there are three kids home all day long. Yeah... I'm lucky to get two up a month anymore. Though I do miss it being a bigger part of my life, it is liberating to be forced not to put so much energy into every thing I put up. Plus, my posts have gotten much more concise which was actually a good thing!

Nicole said...

Love this!! I just started blogging and I appreciate your honesty!

Heather said...

Hi there! My name is Heather and I was hoping you would be able to answer my quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-) I would greatly appreciate it!

Post a Comment

Love to hear your point of view!